Let’s be honest, fall in Miami is by no means like fall in the Northeast. I lived in Connecticut for a while growing up and it was completely acceptable to wear your UGG boots with a windbreaker in October. When I came back to Miami and it went down to 75 degrees I remember seeing all the girls take out their sky-high black boots, blazers and scarves. So how do you know when it’s fall in Miami? Let me enlighten you.
1. For starters the boots come out. On October 1st you get to work and you immediately notice that 99.9% of the women that work in your office are wearing boots – hopefully, not UGG boots though.
2. Even though these ladies are wearing boots they are still going to the beach. Gotta love Miami Beach in the fall.
3. The scarves / dark lipstick / hey look at my new floppy hat #selfies skyrocket. Don't believe me? Go to Instagram and serach the hashtag #miamifall and you will see exactly what I mean.
4. Everyone is posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, Foursquare, Snapchat, and Vine that they are going to Knaus Berry Farms. I am guilty of this. I love those cinnamon rolls.
5. One day it could be 65 degrees outside in the morning as you are walking into work, and when you go outside to enjoy the great weather for your lunch break it’s suddenly 85 and humid.
6. Everything is pumpkin. Everything. Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin cake, pumpkin bread. Hope you like pumpkin.
7. Last but certainly not least, all the girls are rushing over to Starbucks to make sure they grab their red cups with their pumpkin spice latte, and then, of course, post it on Instagram. #starbucks #starbucksredcup #omgitsfallinmiami