As the sun starts to make its descent the monsters come out to play… And this year Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando definitely doesn't disappoint. As you walk into the Universal theme park immediately you are greeted by the eeriness of the park after hours – not to mention you will find yourself already in a “scare zone” where you are guaranteed to flinch or scream.
I personally love Halloween Horror Nights and have been going for several years, and this year was no different. There are a few things I want you to keep in mind when you go up to Orlando for this spooktacular event.
1. Get there on time (6:30 p.m.). This place will get packed. Go and grab a quick sandwich at the Bread Box, which just opened in July. You will feel like you have been transported back to your childhood kitchen or favorite street corner deli. They offer cold and hot sandwiches, a delicious Nutella milkshake and they even have Twinkies!
2. Go to your #1 go-to haunted house first. Whether you are dying to check out Halloween, which is just like entering Michael Myers room from the movie, or you want to experience The Walking Dead: End of the Line – then go straight to that line. The wait time can go from 30 minutes to two hours in no time.
3. You have to check out Dollhouse of the Damned. I know it may sound creepy, and that’s because it is, but you have to check out this house. No matter what you say everyone is scared of that one doll that is still cooped up in your closet, and this house brings that fear to life. There are life-sized babies, dead ballerinas, and you might even say it smells a little like… feces.
4. Visit the scare zones. These might be my favorite. All of a sudden you find yourself in a street filled with people, smoke and all you hear is screaming. If you watched the movie The Purge then you need to go check out that area. The actually reenact parts of the movie – and they might choose you.
5. Pick one ride to go on. You figure you are in Universal so you should go on one ride, right? But only pick one because the lines can get really long and remember the #1 reason why you went there – to be scared.