Here’s the deal – where do you go after you have had a delicious dinner (maybe at Fooq’s Miami), but you still want to continue the party elsewhere? How about you go check out Libertine, downtown’s newest speakeasy drinking lounge.
Here are just a couple of reasons why you must head over to Libertine this weekend:
1. The walkway to the bar is epic. When you show up to the address on your Google Maps you will notice that Libertine is right next door to Space – you have made it to the right location! When you make it inside of that blue door and you have now entered a cozy speakeasy bar.
2. The interior makes you feel like you are back in a glamorously decayed watering hole during the turn of the century in London. When you finally make it up to the bar area you will notice that there are leather sofas all around, and bookshelves lining the walls. Plus, there is a grand piano sitting on top of a stage. Oh, and did I mention there are thousands of pennies lining the floor?
3. They have an expansive cocktail bar featuring a super mixology program. Prohibition style cocktails range from The Libertine (Bulleit Rye, Sweet Vermouth, Elderflower Liquer, bitters, Cognac) to Firewater (Grey Goose vodka, Bacardi Superior rum, grenadine, sugar, fresh squeezed orange juice), to a barrel of authentic Libertine Moonshine - my personal favorite.
4. You are going to love the music. Their music programming is curated by Supermarket Creative’s Michelle Leshem, and sounds will include cult classics, new wave and indie like Pulp Beastie Boys, Yelle, The Sonics, Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club, to melodic dance sounds from Soul Clap, Aeroplane, Holy Ghost!, Flight Facilities, Groove Armada, Escort and more.
5. They open at 9 p.m. and stay open until…whenever. They want to be here for you after-hours so you can stop by after whatever you’ve got going on – dinner, maybe a show at adjacent E11EVEN? Come by, and enjoy a drink or two!