Sometimes when you visit Miami Beach your senses are on overdrive. There is a restaurant or bar in every single crevice, so it can get overwhelming really quickly. And sometimes you just want a really smooth cocktail or a hoppy beer, while listening to chill jazz music, am I right? Well, Clandestino Pub is the perfect spot not only for those visiting Miami, but also for those Miamians who are looking to just kick back and relax.
For those of you who have never visited this pub I want to give you a few reasons why you must go this weekend.
1. When you first walk in you immediately notice the amount of spirits and the infinite cocktail selection. They carry over 50 hand picked craft spirits plus a craft beer menu that would put any other bar to shame. There is definitely something for everyone.
2. Each night of the week they have either a local DJ or band play. They feature some of the most unique live acts in South Florida, really specializing in local-bred bands.
3. They have some pretty killer cocktails. And when I mean killer I really mean it. This Mexican owned pub knows how to kick your ass with a spicy cocktail. If you are looking for something to really fire up your insides you are trying either “El Jefe” (Ilegal Joven Mezcal, Tamarindo, Ancho Reyes, Chile, Lime), or the “Diablito” (Jalapeño-infused Pierde Almas, Hibiscus, Passionfruit, Agave).
4. Mexican urban artist SMITHE just created a pretty awesome mural during Art Basel – his first in Miami Beach. Want to know what else? This guy has painted murals in Germany, France, Belgium, UK, and Spain just to name a few.
5. It’s located in South Beach. I know for some people they read or think of the words “South Beach” and they immediately start sweating. But these guys are right off the 395 exit with some great parking right out front. My friends, it’s definitely worth the effort to visit the Miami New Times “Best Bar in South Beach in 2013."