Let’s talk sushi. I have to be honest, I haven’t spoken too much about sushi on this blog, but it’s definitely not because I don’t love it. I have actually been ordering sushi from Akashi for many years (I did go to high school in South Miami). But, now I can get my favorite Alex #2 roll right in Brickell at Hannya.
Here are a few reasons why you must head over to Hannya!
1. The Alex #2 Roll: Words will never be able to truly describe the utter happiness a person feels when they bite into their first Alex #2 roll. This roll comes with shrimp tempura, krab salad, masago, cream cheese, and it’s topped with avocado, spicy mayo, eel sauce and tempura crunch!
2. Non-traditional bento box lunch special: Let’s be real here, we are all looking for a lunch deal, right? For $10 you can enjoy Ton and Chicken Katsu, Sushi Rolls, Sashimi, Chicken, Vegetable, Shrimp and Beef Stir Fried along with Steak, Chicken, Salmon and Fish Teriyaki. You can enjoy the tranquil fish tanks in the restaurant or even take their food to-go.
3. They deliver: You can order your Alex #2 roll and bento boxes and have them delivered straight to your office – if it’s within a two-mile radius of the restaurant.
4. Chef Larry Chi is all about precision: Because of his background as a young pre-med student, Chef Chi brings a surgeon’s precision and scientist’s approach to the chemistry of cooking. For example, Chef Larry prides himself in his work and continually strives to innovate technique, including finding new ways of filleting fish and sourcing new locations to purchase his materials. That, combined with his passion of flavorful dishes has allowed him to create plates that are both a mixture of design and delight.
5. It’s in Brickell: You know you are always looking for a new spot to check out for lunch. You must head over to Hannya and order the Alex #2, Ebi or Mermaid roll. And, don't forget to pair that with a Lucky Buddha Beer. You won’t be disappointed!